- 1/4 cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Bee Boyzz jalapeno flavoured honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 clove carve, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) freshly grated ginger root
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 lb (500 g) pork strips courtesy of Cantor’s Quality Meats & Grocery
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh sliced mushrooms (white or crimini)
- 3 cups (750 mL) prepared vegetables (sliced celery, carrots, broccoli florets)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) water
- 1+ 1/2 tsp (7 ml) cornstarch
- Combine soy sauce, honey, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Pour over pork strips. Cover. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or longer in refrigerator.
- In large skillet or wok, stir fry pork in marinade over medium high heat until cooked to medium.
- Remove from skillet. Cover.
- Add 1 tsp (15 mL) canola oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and vegetables. Stir fry until tender -crisp
- In small bowl, combine orange juice, water and cornstarch.
- Add to skillet along with pork strips (including juices).
- Cook and stir until sauce thickens and pork and vegetables are coated.
- Serve immediately.
Pairs well with Trans Canada Brewing Arrow IPA