- 3 cups (750 mL) rolled Manitoba Oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries
- Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Combine milk mixture with oat mixture. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 13-inch (3 L) baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm. Add a couple teaspoons of cream!
Instead of dried cranberries, substitute your favourite dried fruit. For a thicker, chewier oatmeal use a 9 x 9 inch baking dish instead of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.