- 4 turkey drumsticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) red wine
- 1 – 28 oz (796 mL) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) Turkey Stock OR chicken
- 1 – 19 oz (540 mL) can romano beans
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Brown drumsticks in deep frying pan over medium-high heat then set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic until translucent, then deglaze with red wine.
- Add tomatoes, stock, seasonings and stir.
- Add drumsticks back to pan and simmer with a loose cover for about 15 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard and romano beans; cook until drumsticks are done, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese.