- 1 lb (0.45 kg) pork, boneless, cut into small pieces, courtesy of Cantor’s Quality Meats & Grocery
- 3 Peak of the Market carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 Peak of the Market onion, diced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Peak of the Market red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 Peak of the Market broccoli crown, cut into florets
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) soya sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) peanut butter
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large frying pan, cook the meat. When cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté carrots, onions, and mushrooms. Add remaining vegetables, garlic and ginger, and continue to sauté.
- Once vegetables have softened, add the cooked meat. Create a well within the frying pan and add the sauce and peanut butter to the centre. Allow the peanut butter to soften and mix into the vegetables and sauce.
- Continue simmering 5-10 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.
Pairs well with Chateau St Jean Chardonnay
Although it’s recommended to use natural peanut butter, both natural and regular peanut butter will work. Chicken, beef or shrimp can be used in place of the pork. Use any of your favourite vegetables in place of those recommended.