- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL quick-cooking rolled Manitoba Oats
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 Countryside Farms Vita eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- butter for cooking
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats and milk; let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Whisk eggs and 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter into milk mixture until blended, pour over flour mixture and stir just until combined
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush with a thin layer of butter. Ladle about 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter per pancake into skillet. Cook for two to three minutes or until bottoms are golden and edges look dry; turn and cook for one to two min longer or until dolmen and puffed.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adjusting heat as necessary to prevent burning and buttering pan between batches.
Recipe courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Canada
Pairs well with Strongbow Cider