- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried basil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) Italian cheese blend
- ¼ cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) prepared bruschetta topping
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet or small sauce pan, to a ½ inch even thickness. Sprinkle with the dried basil and the black pepper.
- Lightly spray a large oven proof skillet (e.g. cast iron) with non-stick spray and heat on medium. Cook chicken breasts until lightly browned on both sides and the internal temperature is 165F (about 10-15 minutes).
- Turn on broiler and position a rack about 4-6 inches from the heat.
- Top chicken with cheeses. Spoon bruschetta topping over cheese.
- Broil for 5-6 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with whole wheat spaghetti or rice.
Pairs well with, Fetzer Vineyards Rose