- 2 – 1 lb T-Bone Beef Steaks
- Coarse salt steak seasoning, to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 100 g package fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced (any seasonal mushroom variety)
- 3 springs of fresh rosemary, whole
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) beef stock
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Canadian whisky
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pure Canadian maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) half and half cream
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Generously season both sides of T-Bone steaks. Place on a plate and refrigerate while preparing the sauce.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, sauté the shallots and garlic in butter. Add the mushrooms and rosemary. Sauté until mushrooms are lightly caramelized. Add beef stock and whisky. Allow Whisky to boil off alcohol content. Add cream and maple syrup. Season with salt & pepper. Simmer briefly and keep warm.
- Prepare grill or barbecue to high heat, grill steaks to desired doneness. Medium rare should have an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C) on the grill. Once removed temperature will rise to 145°F (63°C)
- Serve Maple Whisky sauce over steaks.
Pairs well with Smoked Maple Bourbon Old Fashioned: 2 oz Knob Creek Smoke Maple Bourbon, a sugar cube & 2 dashes of bitters, garnished with orange zest & rosemary.