- 4.5 lb (2 kg) turkey bones, raw & rinsed in cold water (may include backs & necks)
- 4 cloves garlic, skin on, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 gal (8 L) cold water
- Place all ingredients into large soup or stock pot.
- Bring to a low boil and simmer for 2-3 hours, skimming as required.
- Strain through a fine sieve, then separate into smaller containers and cool as quickly as possible.
- Stock may be refrigerated for up to 4 days or frozen for 4-6 months.