- 3-4 Granny’s turkey thighs
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) rigani (Greek oregano)
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) EACH low fat Greek yogurt and low fat sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) garlic, roasted and peeled
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Remove skin & bones from turkey thighs and cut into 1.5 inch (4 cm) cubes.
- Mix turkey cubes with garlic, rigani, lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
- Marinate for at least one hour and skewer meat.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill for about 15 minutes turning once until cooked through.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce in a Greek-style pita with red onion, tomato and shredded lettuce.
- Combine yogurt, sour cream, cucumber, roasted garlic, olive oil, dill and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Alternatively, you can mix together by hand for a more textured version.