All the taste and flavours of wontons in half the time.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground pork
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried sage leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH dried thyme and summer savoury
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) EACH allspice and celery seed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) EACH cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground cloves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brandy (optional)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large Russet potato
- 36 Round wonton wrappers (3 1/2″ diameter)
- Bake a large russet potato. Remove skin, coarsely mash and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ground pork. Cook and stir until pork is browned and no pink remains, about 15 minutes.
- Add seasonings, beef broth, brandy and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Add mashed potato. Stir gently.
- Remove skillet from heat. Set aside.
- Press wonton wrappers into greased mini muffin cups.
- Fill wontons evenly with pork mixture.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.