- 2 – lb strip loin grilling steaks approximately 1 inch thick
- Generous sprinkle of steak spice on both sides
- 4 Countryside Farms Vita Eggs, hardboiled
- 8 cups green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned corn
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh strawberries, chopped (or any seasonal berry)
- 8 strips bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta or blue cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- Desired serving ranch bottled salad dressing
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start seasoning the steaks, allow them to rest in the fridge to absorb salt and retain moisture. This will ensure a juicy flavour.
- Fry or bake bacon on high heat and render off fat, cool and chop into bite sized pieces.
- During that time prepare hardboiled eggs, peel and slice.
- Assemble salad ingredients on a large platter or individual bowls.
- Preheat barbecue or indoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill strip loin grilling steaks only flipping once. 1 inch steaks require 10-12 minute to reach medium-rare doneness at 145 F (63 c).
Pairs well with Pere Anselme Rose Cotes de Provence