- 1 (540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (796 mL) can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 (341 mL) can corn, not drained
- 1 (127 mL) can green chiles
- ½ cup (125 mL) mild chunky salsa
- 2 tsp (10 mL) taco seasoning, reduced sodium
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) corn starch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: Shredded cheese, tortilla chips, chopped avocado, chopped tomato, sour cream and cilantro (optional)
- Into a 4-6 quart slow cooker, add rinsed beans, tomatoes (undrained), corn (undrained), green chilies, salsa and taco seasoning. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Using tongs, add the chicken breast to the slow cooker and push down so it is covered by the other ingredients.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or on low heat for 6-7 hours.
- Take chicken out of the soup and place on a cutting board. Using two forks, pull the chicken into small pieces. Add back to the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, add milk and corn starch; whisk until there are no lumps. Stir into the hot soup until it is completely combined.
- Taste the soup. If needed, add salt and pepper.
- Prepare desired toppings for soup. Serve soup with desired toppings.
|Recipe created for Manitoba’s Dairy Best by Ashley Fehr, The Recipe Rebel|
Pairs well with, J.P. Wiser Deluxe mixed with Limeade, ice & garnished with lime wedge or peel. This is a great make ahead cocktail!