- 1/4 cup (50 mL) canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stemmed and cleaned
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chèvre (goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp (5 ml) dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger rolls, split, toasted
- 4 cups arugula, divided
- In small bowl, combine oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside for basting during cooking.
- Lightly score the mushrooms on the smooth, non-gill side, in a cross hatch pattern to help release moisture during cooking.
- Grill mushrooms over medium-high heat, 3-4 minutes per side or until tender. Baste generously with oil and garlic mixture while cooking.
- Remove mushrooms from grill. Cover. Let rest.
- In medium bowl, combine chèvre, red onion, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- To serve: Spread 1/4 of chèvre mixture evenly onto bottom half of each bun. Top will grilled Portabella mushroom and arugula. Serve Warm.