A spicy sweet marinade and glaze make these bone in chicken thighs irresistible.
- 8 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- ¼ cup (50 mL) EACH ketchup and hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 4 tsp (20 mL) curry powder
- 4 tsp (20 mL) sesame oil
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) hot sauce
- Put chicken in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Whisk together marinade ingredients. Save half of the marinade for basting and pour the rest into the bag. Seal the bag and turn gently so marinade coats the chicken. Refrigerate for 2-6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium. Grill chicken for 2 minutes on each side.
- Turn off one burner; move chicken over to that burner. Continue grilling, basting frequently with reserved marinade, until a meat thermometer inserted in the largest piece reads 170F (about 30-40 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with grilled pineapple.