A no-bake stuffed mushroom filled with a delicious hummus filling. A great make ahead idea.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) hummus
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely diced red pepper (reserve 1 Tbsp (15 mL) for garnish
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 30 fresh white or crimini mushrooms, washed, stems removed
- In small bowl combine hummus, garlic, basil, red pepper and pine nuts (if using). Mix well.
- Spoon hummus mixture into a plastic zip top bag. Seal well. Cut one corner. Pipe mixture into the center of each mushroom.
- Garnish with small piece of red pepper. Refrigerate until serving.