- 5 slices bacon, uncooked
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped fresh white or crimini mushrooms
- 1 Peak of the Market red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 2% milk
- 4 tsp (20 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In large fry pan, over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels, crumble bacon. Set aside.
- Drain drippings, receiving 1 tablespoon in fry pan.
- Add mushrooms, red pepper and broccoli to fry pan.
- Cook 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring frequently.
- In small bowl combine milk, flour, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Add to fry pan, cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Serve immediately over cooked pasta.
- Top with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Pairs well with Catena High Mountain Vines Chardonnay