- 3 lb (1.5 kg) boneless pork loin roast
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH ground cinnamon, cumin, brown sugar and salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) EACH ground ginger, black pepper and red pepper flakes
- Pierce pork roast all over with a fork or meat tenderizing tool and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over roast.
- Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator 8-24 hours.
- Remove roast from marinade; discard marinade.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium.
- Place pork on a small rimmed baking tray. Grill over indirect heat (“off” heat side) until meat thermometer reaches 155°F/68°C, about 1-1 1/4 hours.
- When roast is done, remove from grill; cover loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving into thin slices.
- Note: internal temperature of the pork will rise 5-10 degrees while resting.