- 3-4 lb (1.5 – 2 kg) Manitoba rack of pork
- 3 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grainy mustard and cider vinegar
- Cut small slits in rack of pork; insert garlic slivers and chopped thyme.
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered at 325˚F (160˚C) for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
- Boil gently until mixture is reduced by half and almost thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Brush glaze over pork and roast until meat thermometer registers 155˚F (68˚C).
- Baste occasionally.
- Transfer roast to a large serving platter.
- Tent loosely with foil; let rest 5-10 minutes before carving.
- Drizzle with pan juices if desired.