- 454 grams (1 lb) ground Manitoba Lamb
- 200 grams cooked black beans (canned and drained can be substituted)
- 100 grams Manitoba Oats
- 1 Tsp (15 mL) Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp (60 mL) ketchup
- 1 tsp (15 mL) paprika
- 1 tsp (15 mL) cayenne
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Countryside Farms Vita Egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) died red onion
- 1 tsp (15 mL) fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp (15 mL) fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tsp (15 mL) fresh chopped thyme
Minted Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups (500 mL) Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp (30 mL) torn mint
- 1 juiced lime
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place black beans in food processor with ketchup and pulse until coarse texture has been achieved then set aside.
- Place ground lamb in a large mixing bowl and add the egg and Dijion, mix until incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients however be careful not to over mix.
- Finally incorporate the bean and ketchup mixture and season with salt and pepper (PLEASE NOTE: It’s always best to cook a small portion of the mixture to test the seasoning prior to forming balls).
- Once the proper seasoning has been satisfied form the balls into desired size, I recommend 50-75 gram portions per ball.
- To cook the meatballs place in a 375F preheated oven until browned and fully cooked, approximately 20 minutes. To serve, top with the minted Greek Yogurt or enjoy with your favourite summertime green leaf salad.
Pairs well with Mount Gay Eclipse Rum Mojito