- 2 lb (1 kg) Maui or Korean Style Short Ribs (Flanken Cut)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) brown sugar, packed
- ½ Asian pear, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15mL) EACH rice vinegar, sesame oil, freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, pear, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and half the amount of sesame seeds and green onions. Reserve remaining sesame seeds and onions as garnish.
- In an extra-large sized freezer bag, combine soy sauce mixture and short ribs; marinate up to 24 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Add short ribs to grill and cook, flipping once, until desired doneness is reached, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seed and freshly chopped green onion.