- 2 cans (12 oz/355 mL) Pilsner beer
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coarse garlic sea salt
- 2 whole dried ancho peppers (seeds and stems removed)
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 gallon (4 L) cold water
- 1 cup (250 mL) Kosher salt
- Combine cold water, salt and fiesta brine ingredients into a large non-corrosive pot or special brining nag; add turkey.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably 12-20 hours.
- Remove turkey from brine and thoroughly rinse under a slow stream of cool water and rub gently to release the salt.
- Pat the skin dry.
- Cook turkey as usual.