- 6-8 cups mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and sliced strawberries – fresh or frozen (thawed and drained)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Grease a 9 x 13″ baking dish. Toss together berries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice and butter; scrape into prepared pan.
- Topping: stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; using a pastry blender or fingertips, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with a few larger pieces. Whisk milk with vanilla; gently stir into flour mixture using a fork to make ragged dough. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls randomly over filling. Brush tops lightly with additional milk.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until filling is bubbling and biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with ice cream.
Tip: To add variety and colour to your cobbler, use a large can (3 cups/750 mL) of sliced peaches and 3 cups (750 mL) of berries.
Adapted from MilkEveryMoment.ca