- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cup (500 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 6 (~0.5 Kg) croissants, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bitter-sweet chocolate, chunks
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Grease the inside of a 9×13” (3 L) baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the croissant pieces and chocolate to a large bowl. Pour the egg mixture over and mix to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake until set, 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Serve warm.