- 200 g deli corned beef or smoked pastrami, diced
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) butter
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-25 mL) canola oil
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 bunch Peak of the Market green onion, diced, divided
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 dozen medium sized Countryside Farms Vita Eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, fry hash browns in butter and oil, and thinly slice the white part of a bunch of green onions. Season with salt and pepper and fry until golden brown.
- Near the half way mark of reaching golden brown hash browns, add chopped deli beef and cheddar.
- Once the mixture is sticking together and golden brown, remove from heat all to cool.
- Spray muffin tin to grease. Spoon approximately 1-2 tablespoons into the muffin tins and press with fingers to the sides of the muffin tin forming a cup.
- Drop an egg into each edible cup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a 350 F (180 C) oven and bake 12-15 minutes depending on egg preference.
Pairs well with Mission Hill Reserve Chardonnay VQA