- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- ½ cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter, softened
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 12 oz (375 grams) brick-style Canadian cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 300 g (2 pkgs) Walkers shortbread cookies or Oreo cookies (1 pkg), crushed coarsely
- 8 – 4oz cups (plastic disposable wine glasses, martini glass, or small cups/jars)
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.
- Pour milk into a medium saucepan.
- Whisk dry ingredients into milk and then add syrup.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils, 1-2 minutes.
- Separate egg yolks into a medium bowl.
- While whisking, gradually pour half of the hot mixture into the egg yolks.
- While whisking, pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and butter.
- Cover top of pudding with a layer of plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Cool completely.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks.
- Place aside in refrigerator.
- In a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment (or using a hand beater), cream softened cream cheese.
- Add sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture.
- In a 4 oz cup, add 2 Tbsp of crushed cookie and 3-4 Tbsp each of cheesecake and pudding.
- Repeat one more layer of cookie and cheesecake.
- Top with shaved chocolate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.