- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced green chard leaves
- 1 container (454 g) Ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp/5 mL dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) sea salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 lb (450 g) ground chicken
- 10 fresh lasagna noodles (approx. 4′ x 13′)
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) whipping cream
- Preheat over to 425F
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl combine chard, Ricotta, thyme, garlic, zest, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Add chicken and stir until well mixed.
- Cut noodles in half widthwise. Spread 2-3 heaping tablespoons of the cheese mixture across the short end of a lasagna noodle. Roll noodle tightly around filling. Place roll, seam side down, in a casserole dish. Repeat until all the filling has been used.
- Top rolls with remaining Parmesan.
- Pour cream over rolls, making sure the cream gets around, and on top of, each roll.
- Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cream has reduced by half.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh thyme and extra Parmesan cheese.
Pairs well with Benjamin Bridge Methode Classique NV Sparkling