Buffalo wings and blue cheese dip are the inspiration for this delicious chicken burger.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup (50 mL) panko crumbs
- ¼ cup (50 mL) grated carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- ½ tsp (2 mL) EACH salt and pepper
- 2 lb (900 g) ground chicken
- ¼ cup (50 mL) hot sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 large biscuits, plain or cheese
Blue Cheese Slaw:
- 1 package prepared coleslaw mix
- 1 tsp (5 mL) celery seeds
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated carrot
- ½ cup (125 mL) prepared Blue cheese salad dressing
- Combine Slaw ingredients; mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl combine the first 7 burger ingredients.
- Add chicken and hot sauce and stir until well combined. Shape into 8 patties, ½ inch thick.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Grill patties, turning once, until meat thermometer reads 175F. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Slice biscuits in half. Put a spoonful of Slaw on each half. Top with a burger, hot sauce and some Blue cheese.
- Serve with remaining Slaw.