- 10 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 12 slice Challa bread (egg bread)
- butter, for serving
- maple syrup, for serving
- 4 cup (1 L) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) water
- For blueberry compote, in medium-sized pot over medium-high heat combine blueberries and sugar.
- While stirring, cook until boiling and some blueberries have released their juices.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water, stirring until dissolved.
- While stirring, pour cornstarch mixture into blueberries and continue cooking for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Can be served warm or made ahead and brought to room temperature to serve.
- For French toast, preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In an 8”x 8”container combine eggs, milk and cinnamon and whisk to combine.
- Dip 12 slices of Challah (in a few batches) in egg/milk mixture until well-soaked, about 1 minute and flip to coat.
- Prepare one or two baking sheets by lining with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Arrange bread in single layer on prepared pan(s).
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until browned on one side, turn bread over and bake another 12-15 minutes, until browned and puffed.
- Serve Challah French Toast with butter, maple syrup and blueberry compote.