Home-Made Pizza Dough:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 -2 cups all-purpose flour (375-500 mL)
- ¼ tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 pkg quick rising instant yeast (7 g)
- 1 cup warm water (250 mL)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 1 Peak of the Market red potato, thinly sliced into 1/16” pieces on mandolin (1)
- 15-20 asparagus spears (depending on size), trimmed, outer layer of stalk peeled, cut into 2” pieces (15-20)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (2)
- 1 ½ cup Fontina cheese, grated (375 mL)
- 2 Tbsp fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (30 mL)
- 3 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped (45 mL)
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped (30 mL)
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper (1 mL)
1. In a large bowl, mix whole-wheat flour, 1 cup (250 mL) of all-purpose flour, yeast and salt. Stir in warm water and canola oil.
2. Gradually stir in enough of remaining all-purpose flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly-floured surface until smooth and elastic.
3. Shape dough into a ball. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes before rolling out.
1. Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL) over medium heat. Add potato slices and cook until done, about 4 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Prepare remaining ingredients for toppings.
2. Roll out dough on a lightly-floured surface, shape dough to fit a 15-inch (38 cm) pizza pan or stone. Pierce dough with a fork to prevent air pockets from forming during baking.
3. Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
- Spread garlic on pizza dough and top with half of both Fontina and Parmesan cheese.
- Top pizza with potato slices, followed by the rest of the two cheeses. Layer with asparagus and sprinkle with tarragon, chives, and fresh ground pepper.
- Bake pizza for 18 – 23 minutes, until dough and cheese are lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Pairs well with, William Fevre Petit Chablis AC