- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 2-3/4 lb (375 g) rib-eye steaks
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) fresh white OR crimini mushrooms, quartered
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups (2 L) mixed greens
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili-garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- In small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Rub 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sesame oil over each side of each steak.
- Sprinkle steaks with toasted sesame seeds. Press firmly to adhere.
- In large fry pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Cook mushrooms in butter until mushrooms begin to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mushrooms to plate.
- In same fry pan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add steaks. Cook to desired doneness, 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steaks to cutting board. Slice steaks.
- In large bowl, toss mixed greens with “Ginger Dressing”.
- Divide greens among plates.
- Top with steak and mushrooms.