Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1 lb (450 g) Granny’s ground turkey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornmeal
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Peak of the Market shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sea salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- Preheat a heavy bottomed frying pan to medium-low.
- Combine all ingredients except oil. Form into 8-10 patties that are approximately 1.5 cm (1/2”) thick.
- Fry patties 5-10 minutes per side in olive oil. Turkey patties are fully cooked when a thermometer inserted into the patty reads 170⁰F (77⁰C).
These sausage patties are a tasty addition to our Breakfast Skillet with Turkey Sausage recipe
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Wortzman
Copyright © 2020 Exceldor Cooperative
All Rights Reserved