Italian Grilled Turkey Sandwich
Prep: 10 MinutesCook: 20 Minutes Servings: 4
- 1 package Granny’s Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper Boneless Turkey Breast, roasted & thinly sliced
- 1 large Peak of the Market red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (400 g | 14 oz) can artichoke hearts in water, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) roasted red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
- 8 slices of rye or multigrain bread
- 3 tbsp (45 g) softened butter
- 4 tsp (20 ml) old fashioned grainy mustard
- 3 oz. (100 g) Provolone, sliced
- Heat butter and oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-low heat.
- Slowly sauté onions and artichokes, stirring frequently until they are golden brown.
- Add red peppers and set aside.
- Butter one side of four slices of bread. Place bread butter side down in a medium-hot skillet. On the other side of each slice of bread, spread mustard.
- Top each slice of bread with 1/4 of the onion, artichoke and peppers. Add turkey and cheese to each sandwich.
- Butter the remaining four slices of bread and place butter side out on top of each sandwich.
- Grill sandwiches on both sides, until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Wortzman
Copyright 2020 Exceldor Cooperative
All Rights Reserved