Turkey Pot Pie
1 hour and 40 Minutes
Prep: 20 - 40 MinutesCook: 1 Hour Servings: 2 x 9" Deep Dish Pies
- 1 whole Granny’s Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper Boneless Turkey Breast, or Granny’s Boneless, Skinless Turkey Breast, remove skin & dice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) Peak of the Market leeks, diced (white part only)
- 1 cup (250 ml) Peak of the Market carrots, small dice
- 1 cup (250 ml) mushrooms, small dice
- 1 cup (250 ml) green peas
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, small dice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Manitoba wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) homemade or low-sodium turkey or chicken stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sea salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) ground black pepper
- 2 pkgs of 2 frozen 9” deep dish pie shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté leeks, carrots, mushrooms, green peas and celery until soft.
- Add thyme and diced turkey breast.
- Add butter. Once the butter is melted, add flour. Stir for about 4 minutes.
- Add stock and milk. Gently simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Divide filling between the two deep dish shells.
- Place the second pastry disc over top of each pie. Pinch edges and cut vents to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for approximately one hour until the crust is golden brown and filling begins to bubble.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Wortzman
Copyright 2020 Exceldor Cooperative
All Rights Reserved