Teriyaki Turkey Wings
2 Hours, 10 Minutes
Prep: 10 MinutesCook: 2 Hours Servings: 8
- 2 packages Granny’s Lemon-Sweet Pepper Turkey Wings or Granny’s Turkey Wings
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Bee Maid honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cold water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) corn starch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Peak of the Market green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place wings in a roasting pan. Add water until they are 3/4 covered.
- Loosely cover pan with foil and braise in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a small saucepan mix soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, garlic and ginger. Bring to a simmer.
- Mix the water and corn starch in a small bowl. Add mixture to the sauce, while stirring continuously. Return to a simmer and then remove from heat.
- Place the braised wings in bowl and mix with sauce.
- Place sauced wings on a baking sheet with parchment and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle wings with green onion. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Wortzman
Copyright © 2020 Exceldor Cooperative
All Rights Reserved