Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
70 Minutes (+ overnight chilling time)
Prep: 10 MinutesCook: 60 minutes Servings: 4 - 6 servincs
- 8 cups (520 g) cubed whole wheat bread, about 2/3-1 loaf whole wheat bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 large Countryside Farms Vita Eggs
- 1 ¼ cups (310 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 2 cups (300 g) sliced strawberries
- Lightly grease a 9×9-inch (2.4 L) square baking dish.
- In a large bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with the maple syrup.
- Arrange half of the bread cubes in the bottom of the baking dish. Spoon dollops of half the cream cheese over the bread and top with half of the berries.
- Layer with remaining bread cubes on top. Press the bread cubes slightly down.
- Pour wet mixture evenly over bread cubes.
- Top evenly with remaining berries and dollops of cream cheese. Cover pan with foil. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove French toast from the fridge. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm with syrup.