Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
Prep: 10 MinutesCook: 15 Minutes Servings: 4-6
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oregano, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, chopped finely
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar (could also use balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- Red pepper flakes, if desired
- 2 lbs (1kg) skirt steak, trimmed
- Chop herbs finely and mince garlic and combine in small bowl. Add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes, if using. Stir well and let sit.
- Trim any silver skin or coarse fat off skirt steak and pat dry.
- When ready to cook, heat cast iron pan over medium heat. Season the pan with a tablespoon or so of oil. When it’s hot and you’re ready to cook, season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Place in pan and cook 4-5 minutes per side for a medium doneness. Adjust timing for your desired doneness.
- Serve steak with chimichurri on the side.