Skillet Mac and Cheese
Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) low sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon (2 mL) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) paprika
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) whole wheat macaroni
- 2 cups (500 mL) small Peak of the Market broccoli pieces
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- In a large pan, stir together milk, broth, salt, pepper, mustard, paprika, and macaroni. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Turn heat to medium-low, cover with a lid, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- When macaroni is cooked but still a little firm, stir in the broccoli. Cover and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese until melted and serve.
Tips: In place of broccoli, substitute frozen peas or another frozen or canned vegetable.