Ranch Salad Dressing
Ingredients – Makes 1 1/4 cups dressing
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) onion powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried chives
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried dill
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried parsley
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice or white vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- milk (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- If desired, thin the dressing using 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of milk (or cream) at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Let the dressing rest in the fridge for at least an hour. Dressing will keep in the fridge up to 7 days.
This dressing is thick enough to do double duty as a dip. Whip up a quick batch and serve with cut vegetables.
To use fresh herbs in place of dried, double the amount called for. So instead of 1 tsp, use 2 tsp of any finely minced fresh herb.