Apple 'n Oat Pork Bites
Prep: 20 MinutesCook: 30 Minutes Servings: 10
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground pork
- 1 medium-size red apple, cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) quick-cooking Manitoba oats
- ¼ cup (50 mL) finely chopped yellow Peak of the Market onion
- ¼ cup (50 mL) finely chpped Peak of the Market green bell pepper
- 1 whole Vita egg or 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup (50 mL) tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) EACH ground black pepper and dry mustard
- Pinch ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, gently combine all ingredients; do not overmix.
- Line muffin cups with large nonstick parchment baking cups. Using a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop, lightly pack mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the centre of the pork bites registers 160°F and tops are nicely browned.
Tip: To enhance the flavour, mix ingredients ahead of time and refrigerate 8-12 hours. Bring mixture to room temperature before baking.