Chicken and Hummus Toasts
Prep: 15 MinutesCook: 5 Minutes Servings: 4
- 1 1/2 cups (400 g) cooked chicken breasts, sliced thinly on the diagonal (about 2 breasts or leftover cooked white chicken meat, shredded can also be used)
- 4 (4) thick slices sourdough or French bread
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil for brushing
- 1 (1) clove garlic, halved
- 1 cup (250 ml) hummus
- 1 cup (250 ml) baby spinach or arugula
- 3 (3) Roma tomatoes, sliced
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) capers, drained (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast bread in toaster or in oven until golden.
- Brush with olive oil and rub with garlic cloves.
- Spread each toast with hummus and top with spinach or arugula, basil, chicken, tomatoes and capers.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.