Prep: 15 MinsCook: 40 MIns Servings: 6-8
- 1 lb (500 g) ground beef
- 1 large Peak of the Market onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cup (750 mL) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) dried Italian herb seasoning
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) chili pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg (900 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded fresh spinach, well-drained frozen spinach (optional)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- ½ cup (125 mL) broken spaghetti, alphabet pasta, small shells, or macaroni
- ½ cup (125 mL) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 parmesan cheese rind, or ½ cup (125 mL) white beans, pureed (optional)
- Cook beef, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and chili pepper flakes (if using) in Dutch oven over medium-high heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked and any liquid has evaporated.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables, tomatoes, broth and tomato sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and parsley (if using). Stir in pasta and 1/2 cups white beans.
- To help the soup thicken add in a Parmesan cheese rind, or 1/2 cup of white bean puree.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
TIP: If you have Big Batch Ground Beef on prepped ahead of time you can reduce the cook time by 15 minutes!