Chicken with Rotini, Tomatoes & Feta
Prep: 15 MinsCook: 10 MIns Servings: 4-6
- 3 (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- 3 cups (750 ml) dry rotini pasta
- 5 (5) Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (1) small red onion, minced
- 12 (12) pitted black kalamata olives, sliced lengthwise
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh basil
- 8 oz (250 ml) Feta cheese
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) black pepper
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Cook rotini according to the package instructions (about 8-10 minutes or to al dente) and drain well.
- In a non-stick pan over medium high heat, sauté chicken in canola oil until nicely browned and no pink remains (about 7-10 minutes).
- In a large bowl, mix tomatoes, onion, olives, vinegar, olive oil, pepper and basil. Crumble Feta over top and stir in.
- Add cooked drained pasta to chicken mixture and combine.
- Serve hot or refrigerate and serve as a cold pasta salad.