Chicken, Melon and Avocado Salad
Prep: 20 MinsCook: N/A Servings: 4-6
- 2 cups (500 g) cooked chicken, cubed (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 3 cups (750 ml) seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 (1) English cucumber, cubed
- 1 (1) Peak of the Market yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 1 (1) Peak of the Market small red onion, diced
- 1 (1) avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup (65 ml) cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup (65 ml) fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup (65 ml) canola oil
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.625) fresh cracked pepper
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper and onion.
- In a jar with a lid combine oil, orange juice, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Secure lid on the jar and shake the jar until the dressing is combined.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over the chicken and melon mixture and toss lightly to combine. Add the avocado, cilantro and mint. Mix gently.