Open Face Chicken and Brie Toasts
Prep: 15 MinutesCook: 5 Minutes Servings: 6
- 6 (6) slices thick cut sour dough or French bread, toasted
- ½ cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (2) cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 8 oz (250ml) Brie cheese, sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) tart fruit jam (e.g., choke cherry, red current or cranberry sauce)
- 6 (6) springs fresh thyme
- Arrange bread on baking sheet and toast until golden brown on each side.
- Mix mayonnaise and garlic. Spread evenly on the toasts.
- Arrange slices of chicken on each toast. Top with slices of Brie cheese.
- Broil toasts for 4-5 minutes or until Brie is melted.
- Top each toast with a spoonful of jam and some fresh thyme.
Tips: Substitute mango chutney, cranberry sauce or a hot pepper jelly for the fruit jam.