Black Bean Sliders
Prep: 45 MinutesCook: 15 Minutes Servings: 8-10
- 8 ounces (225 grams) mushrooms
- 1 small Peak of the Market carrot
- 1 ½ cups (85 grams) Peak of the Market broccoli florets
- ¼ cup Peak of the Market red onion
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 2 cups packed (85 grams) spinach leaves
- ¼ cup fresh chopped herbs chives or parsley
- ½ cup (100 grams) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large Countryside Farms Vita Eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 grams) tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Wash, peel and trim the mushrooms, carrot, garlic, broccoli and onion. Toss with the 2tbsp of canola oil and place in food processor and pulse until a small coarse texture has been achieved. Place on one of the lined baking sheets and place in oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, stir mixture and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the black beans, place evenly on the second sheet pan and place in the oven along with the vegetable mixture once again. The two sheet pans will bake for 15 minutes or until black beans begin to split. Once complete remove both from oven and let cool. (This process will remove excess moisture while increasing the flavor)
- While the beans and vegetables roast, place the walnuts, spinach and fresh herbs in a food processor. Pulse until they are coarsely chopped.
- Add the beans and the spices, pulse 5 to 10 times until the beans look crumbly.
- Add the roasted vegetables, panko breadcrumbs, eggs and the tomato paste. Pulse until everything combined keeping some texture.
- Check seasoning with salt and pepper
- Divide into 16 equal portions and form into 1/2-inch thick patty.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat, add oil, and then place in approximately 8 patties. Cook until heated through, firm and browned on both sides.
- Serve with small buns and favorite condiments.