- 2 cups whole-wheat flour (500 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup large flake Manitoba oats (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or ground flaxseed meal (60 mL)
- 1/4 unsalted raw pumpkin seeds (60 mL)
- 1/4 currents (optional) 60 mL)
- 1 Tbsp natural wheat germ (30 mL)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10 mL)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (10 mL)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C). Line muffin tin with 12 large paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just to combine.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture equally into the muffin liners.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow pan to cool slightly on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from the pan and continue cooling before storing.
- Can be stored in a covered container for 2 to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Recipe courtesy Homegrown, The Cookbook, Mairlyn Smith