- 1 lb (500 g) Beef Top Sirloin Grilling Steak, sliced into thin strips, OR stir fry beef strips
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) EACH Julienned Peak of the Market carrot, thinly sliced sweet red or yellow pepper and red onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1 orange, peel and segment, (Option: sweet seasonal citrus fruit)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange juice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) EACH Sodium reduced soy sauce and rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) EACH minced ginger root and liquid honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH sesame oil and sweet chili sauce
- Whisk together orange rind, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger root, honey, cornstarch, garlic, sesame oil and chili sauce in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in large skillet or wok over high heat.
- Slice Top Sirloin and season, stir-fry beef for 3 to 4 minutes or until brown; transfer to a bowl.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, peppers, onion and 1 – 1/2 tablespoons water to pan and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Return beef and any juices to pan. Stir in sauce mixture and return to boil; cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with chili pepper flakes (optional).
- Spoon individual serving over baby lettuce. Use sauce as a salad dressing.