- 1 jar (6 oz/170 mL) marinated artichokes, chopped (OR 1 can (14 oz) artichokes), chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 1 package (250 g) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh basil (OR 1 tsp (5 mL) dry basil)
- sliced baguette, toasts or crackers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Drain artichokes, reserving 2 Tbsp (30 mL) marinade. Finely chop artichokes; set aside.
- In a medium sauce pot, melt butter over medium heat; saute garlic and onion, stirring for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add cream and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 min or until slightly reduced.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Stir in artichokes and reserved marinade.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the Parmesan and basil into artichoke mixture; transfer to shallow 4-cup (1 L) oven-proof serving dish. (Can be cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days).
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Serve with sliced baguette, toasts or crackers.