- 2 Cups (500 mL) Granny’s boneless turkey breast and/or thighs, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) fresh mint
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 bunch Peak of the Market green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rice vermicelli, cooked and chopped
- 1 package rice paper
Cherry Hoisin Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cherry jam
- 4 tsp (20 mL) soya sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Cinese five spice
Cherry Hoisin Sauce
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, sauté ginger in oil until brown.
- Add cherry jam, soya sauce, rice vinegar and Chinese five spice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor and let cool. Serve with Turkey Salad Rolls.
Turkey Salad Rolls
- Combine turkey, carrot, mint, lettuce, green onions and vermicelli in a bowl.
- Brush both sides of rice paper with water. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of hoisin on paper then add 3 tablespoons of filing.
- Fold in 2 ends and then roll up tight. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve cold with Cherry Hoisin Sauce or your favourite dipping sauce.
Recipe courtesy Chef Jason Wortzman, Granny’s Poultry.