- 1 Granny’s Slow Cooker Seasoned Boneless Turkey Roast with Cornbread Stuffing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) homemade or low-sodium chicken or turkey stock
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/8 tsp (0.65 mL) black pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) crushed red chile flakes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) soft goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) toasted pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- Place all of the sauce ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until roughly chopped.
- Place blended sauce in the bottom of slow cooker
- Place roast on top, then sprinkler spice rub over roast and sauce.
- Cook on low setting for 5.5 hours.
- When finished, cooker should switch to war,.
- Remove roast and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Using a ladle or large spoon, skim froth from the top of sauce and discard liquid (approx. 1/4 cup).
- Return sauce to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place sauce in a pot and simmer over medium-low heat for about 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Slice the roast and transfer to a platter. Pour sauce over roast. Serve roast with crumbled goat cheese, pine nuts and parsley.
Recipe courtesy Chef Jason Wortzman, Granny’s Poultry